• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    NBA 2K In a REC lobby with Kyrie Irving

    NBA 2K In a REC lobby with Kyrie Irving


    In a REC lobby with Kyrie Irving

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Of all the pictures, why’d they choose one with Curry looking like he’s going to sneak up and tickle someone’s sack from the back? Lmao.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    Draymond Green also doesn’t like running Rec with AIs

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:57 PM PST

    PSA: Your friends will see you as playing NBA 2K21 even if your status is Offline

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Tested on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen on PS5, version 1.003.

    If you set your status to Offline, in the Playstation friends list you will appear as Offline.

    Anyway, any friend of yours checking the phone will see you as a friend playing the game.

    This is different from any previous NBA 2K games, where other players could see your ID when offline only if you were in the same neighborhood lobby, and never in the friends list section on the phone.

    At the moment you can't hide from people when you aren't willing to play online (i.e. you just want to play Career), receive messages, party invitations, game invitations. Your will always be displayed as playing the game, no matter what your online/offline status is.

    This is an "evolution" of what happened before the latest patches, when initially all of your friends, even the ones not having the game at all, were displayed on the phone as playing the game.

    submitted by /u/Guard78
    [link] [comments]

    What 2K has done with MyLeague this year is unacceptable.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Ever since 2K16, no major changes have come to MyLeague. Every feature that has been introduced, like expansion for example, has been exactly the same since then. Even so, this isn't the biggest problem because it's still a much better GM mode than any other sports game.

    The problem is that next-gen MyNBA is even worse than the previous years as it's loaded with bugs and constantly crashes. Download a custom roster? Game crashes. Make an expansion team? Crash. It's hard to have fun in this mode when it crashes 24/7.

    Teams still run 4-center or 3 small forwards lineups without their best players late into close games. Creating an expansion team this year leads to accessory and jersey bugs. Not only are the bugs from previous years still in the game, they are even worse this time around.

    I play a good amount of MyCareer and MyTeam too, and it confuses me how other modes have events and updates every week, but MyNBA players can't even get a patch to fix bugs or prevent crashing.

    submitted by /u/huracanwrist
    [link] [comments]

    NBA 2K21 Jayson Tatum Combined Mod on PC

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    LEAD PASSING should be dead already

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Why don't REC players understand certain builds...

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Background info before you read: 98 PF Paint Beast, 6'9 243. All red build, 30 def bades, 16 finishing. SS2, with over 800 games played in Rec.

    I've seen this time and time again, and it happened to me again this morning. I have several builds in the 90s and depending the mood I'm in, i'll play them. This morning I wanted to grab boards, and shut down the paint. Its 6AM before I go to work, so my crew isn't on. Queue into the REC, and get put at the 5 with a stretch four at the 4. I'm thinking good, I like holding the paint on my own, because I do better that way.

    Game starts, I have my mic on, say yo, no response, dead air. Okay whatever, right? First quarter we're rolling, I got 9 boards, 1 block, we're up by 9, and paint is locked down. Stretch quits. The opposing big (glass cleaning FINISHER), starts running the pick and roll with playshot pg. Well, the stretch AI ain't gonna run up there, and the guards are too busy doing guard things. I get on the mic, and say, you guys want me to come hedge the pick and roll? No answer... After three possessions of threes and our lead trimmed to 4, I slide my happy up to hedge.

    Break it up, and cause a forced shot, I rebound it, breakstart it down the court for my 5th of 9 total assists that game. PG comes down the floor next possession, guy covered by stretch AI pulls the ai out to left wing hash. Screen happens on the left wing, I come up, center breaks, and the pick and roll starts. the Center is a 6'8 build so he's quick, and he must have at least silver if not higher in pick and roll. I can't stop it. (i didn't have chase down block on this game, so maybe that was it)

    Couple possessions go by, and they throw the oop with the pick and roll game. He ended the game with 22 points. Now, I'm a pick and roller myself. With my build I struggle to finish with only gold contact finisher (I would be happy to talk to another 6'9 paint beast all red build for advice).

    Finally someone comes over the mic, and says, hey big, you gonna box out your man he's killing us. So i quickly look at the boxscore, and I have 20 rebounds to his 12. At this point in the game I only had 4 points 2/8 shooting (i know its bad, but if we're up I try to do putbacks, I get blocked here and there). I say back, what are you talking about I'm crushing him on the boards. Mind you were still up by 4 possessions, and I'm a rebounding whip the ball down the court big. Other than this pick and roll, the paint was locked down.

    Game goes on, we win. No other talking. 10 seconds left they all start chirping in, calling me trash, and I suck, and only had 4 points. I ended the game with 24 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 blocks, and god knows how many contests. They start saying I should delete my build, and I start to explain I'm playing a role. I can't do everything, I can't rebound, and control the paint, and finish ultra strong. I know the Glass Cleaning Finisher build can, but a paint beast can shut them down.

    tldr

    Party of 3, silent on mic, not hedging screen, AI in 4 spot being pulled out, we still win, I get more boards than their team combined. Party of three are asshats, and talk shit.

    WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ROLE PLAYERS AND ITS A TEAM GAME?????????

    UPDATE:::

    Thank you for all the kind words, and input. I'm a PSN east player. Add me if you want thegrumpygameryt. 98 Paint Beast, 92 SF Sharp Facilitator, 96 SG Two way Sharp, and working on a slashing four next.

    submitted by /u/Vegetable-Ad3873
    [link] [comments]

    NBA2k21 actual basketball league

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:33 PM PST

    Hi guys, I know this is probably a long shot but figured I'd try anyway.

    If you're like me, you like playing pro-am, but hate how the top tier teams play. You know: 5 out, either an iso or a pick and roll, 3-4 guys just standing in one spot. And both teams do this until someone messes up? That isn't enjoyable to watch.

    My pitch: a league that focuses on ball movement and playing actual basketball, that isn't just who can curry slide the most. A league that rewards basketball IQ, not just how to spam dribble moves.

    Obviously nothing is set in stone, and this post is to gauge initial interest to see if it's even worth trying to get off the ground. So please upvote and comment if this is something that would interest you.

    Some ground rules:

    1. Set plays or a motion offense required. Isolation is allowed as it is still an actual basketball play, but can only account for 30 team points a game (this is subject to change as I try to work out the kinks, any feedback is appreciated.) Isolation is allowed in late shot clock situations, however.

    2. Any defense is allowed. Man, 2-3, 1-3-1, presses. Anything you can do to make scoring difficult.

    3. Intentionally and repetitively using maneuvers that incorporate game breaking design flaws (Curry sliding behind screens, that weird drop step dunk thing from like 15 feet out) is not allowed.

    4. Players must play either the position they selected for their character or 1 spot up or down (pg can play pg and sg, sg can play sg, pg, and sf, but no pf at the point. This doesn't mean a power forward cannot initiate offense, but they cannot be set at the pg position.)

    The rest of the rules and regulations will be set up and written down if there is enough support. I sincerely hope this gains some attention because I think it would be extremely fun to watch and play in. Though I won't be playing in the league due to conflict of interest.

    Note: there will be a fee to play and also prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Additional prizes may be rewarded but I need to know the support before I set that up.

    Thank you all and have a great day. Any questions via messages or comments are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/walking-tall-123
    [link] [comments]

    Played with Rays Pitcher Cody Reed!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:49 AM PST

    Why this game will never be perfect

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Well to answer shortly, it's published by 2k.

    But fr there's a couple things that really stop the game from progressing. This game has a really split community.

    1. Realism. Some people want an ultra realistic simulation game, and some people want a less realistic game that has a skill gap. That's the 2k big categories I would put most of the people in the community in. I would say this sub is mostly leaning on the former. 2k20 and 21 are closer to "realistic", where as 15-17 were pretty unrealistic.

    2. Casual and competitive. Most people that play the game competitively want shooting to be harder and the game to be less animation based, with less RNG. Whereas people who don't play this game that much just want to hop on and be able to shoot, dunk on people, and win games. The best solution ( which is frequently suggested) would be to make separate sliders for different game modes (which there already are), but the main problem with this is that sliders can't change the core mechanics of a game, they would have to kind of make 2 whole separate builds of the game, like the 2k league.

    3. Playstyles. First off, dribbling. I'm going to try and sound as unbiased as I can here but y'all will have to cut me some slack. There are maybe 10% of the moves in next gen as there were in previous years. They've removed moves year after year, in an attempt to stop dribblers. Now, if you're not that good of a dribbler it probably feels relatively the same. If I'm being honest, there's really almost no way to stop "glitch" dribbling, and the most effective way is to just take away moves. Now if you're big on realism, you might like this, and if you're a dribbler you probably wont. My point is that 2k has to pick a side, games like 2k16 and 17 had pretty advanced and "unrealistic" dribbling, where as next gen 21 has more simplified dribbling, and it's harder to "glitch dribble". My main problem is that people complain about advanced/glitchy dribbling, so 2k takes it out, and the same people complain when everybody curry slides after they took all of the more advanced moves out.

    4. Nostalgia. This is on the list got a number of reasons. People reminisce over older 2ks, and ignore most of the flaws. But the other reason why this is a problem is because whenever they do add something back that used to be in the game, people get upset. This leads 2k to try to change too much every year, stuff that doesn't need to be changed. Like, for example, in 2k17 people begged for losers ball 2s courts, and then when they got it, they begged for it to be changed back how it used to be.

    5. Builds system. You can't really please most people. If you have a build system that lets you make a demigod (example next gen 21) then people will get upset that everyone has the same build, and if you have a build system that restricts people to being good at 2 or 3 things (example current gen 21), people will get upset that they're just role players and can't make a build they want.

    submitted by /u/urethracheese26
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the best block ever?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 01:26 AM PST

    What 2K should improve ASAP!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:51 AM PST

    1)I would really like if 2K actually add an option to update rosters while not deleting MyCareer and starting all over again in order to update them.Especially this year with the rookies not being in the game.Some people might want to keep their rosters but some want to update.An addition of this kind of option would be really useful.

    2) I think it's time that 2K , should give back all the VC or a part of VC after you delete your player. People pay for those VC and grind too.Deleting a player should not be so punishing to the user.You all know it's a greedy way to grab cash.

    Next 2K those two things should be added.i highly recommend our developers to listen!!!

    submitted by /u/ElyTeo26
    [link] [comments]

    Next Gen jumpshot speed question

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:15 PM PST

    So for ps4 and xbox one its common knowledge to have your jumpshot speed set to 75% because it increases your shots green window. Is the same true for next gen? I have a 6'9 PF so the jumpshot speed doesnt reach 75%, its less than 75% before 100%. Is it better on the next gen to have your PF jumpshot speed at 100% or the speed one below, and does it also increase your green window to have your shot speed one below 100% on the next gen?

    submitted by /u/Numbchicken
    [link] [comments]

    MyCareer Face Scan Resetting (PS5 Next Gen)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Has anyone's facescan been resetting? Sometimes when I log in to my MyCareer my player has a different hairstyle and facial hair removed. When I try to change the hairstyle back to the original, there is a glitch where my facescan changes to one of the default faces. Then it won't allow me to save the updates to the hair/facial hair without keeping the random default face.

    It's annoying because I've had to redo my face scan multiple times due to this.

    submitted by /u/ceojuz
    [link] [comments]

    Insanely long to boot up ps5

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:00 PM PST

    I seem to recall something about the game should be booting up in 2-3 seconds ?

    Because for me, on my ps5, when I first launch the app and am greeted with a zion screen, it takes about 3 full minutes before I'm taken to any other screen.

    Once in game loading is very fast. I.e when I'm in the park, clicking continue career and then going back to the city sees me change parks in about 5 seconds.

    But it's taking an extremely long time to boot up from off.

    submitted by /u/BigWhiteoO
    [link] [comments]

    This is the truth

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Can anyone explain this??? (guy had hof deep threes, hzh, hot shot and silver green machine)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:08 PM PST

    Ya know, just playin 2K 19.........

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:25 AM PST

    2k21 (current gen) shooting tips

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:23 AM PST

    I need advice...

    I created a stretch five. I currently shoot 50.8% in park. I see guys shooting 55% and higher (usually guards). It seems some games I go 1/5 can't buy a three(green) and others I go 4-4 and can't miss feeling like a sharp shooter!

    Is it that the game is just RNG or is there something I'm doing wrong? I would love to know ways or tips I can be more consistent.

    Right now I'm playing a 6'9 stretch five, with an 81 rated 3 point shot rating.

    submitted by /u/behemoth619
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question: do your hot zones in mycareer carry over to park and the rec?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:10 PM PST

    park flashy dribble moves next gen

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 01:52 AM PST

    does anyone know how to do the flashy dribble moves in park?? my player will randomly bust em out when i am just using regular dribble moves. is there a way to actually get my player to use the animation whenever i want??

    submitted by /u/markvuh
    [link] [comments]

    If you were looking for the MyNBA2K card game, it's been replaced by NBA Super Card. Available on iOS and Android.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:43 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment