• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    NBA 2K The demise of my MyCAREER mode has been disappointing and quite heartbreaking.

    NBA 2K The demise of my MyCAREER mode has been disappointing and quite heartbreaking.


    The demise of my MyCAREER mode has been disappointing and quite heartbreaking.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:24 PM PST

    I know, I know. The 2k kids who ask for countless screens or dribble for 2939 minutes and pass out last second will eat my alive, but to be fair, I'm not sure they can deny the facts either. My career used to be exactly what its title said it was, a simulation of an NBA career. Anyone remember the 2k11 days? The countless characters we would make, the early retirements for the fuck of it, the actual FUN we had in career mode. Now, My career is nothing more than the place where you build up your player for the park or city, who knows what it is now. And even then, the grind to upgrade ones player has got to be the most time consuming thing one can do in the game world. I'm not sure even GTA sees this level of useless grind. Especially this year where you have to upgrade even the way your guy fuckin breathes. If you don't dish out a couple more bucks for VC, you can be stuck in my career mode for a while, which is something that a lot of us older folk really don't have time for. 2k has now shifted into something that benefits them, is fun to "gamers", but completely left out the audience who this game was targeted for in the first place.

    submitted by /u/7625AI
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to 2K for always keeping player portraits and photos up to date.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:28 AM PST

    Our first double-alley of 2021

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    Finally figured out why shooting in the Rec/Park is so hard

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Quick-ish Rant lol

    Nobody knows when to pass! They wait, and wait, and wait, and finally when they're not able to take the shot themselves, then they pass. You could be open for 10 seconds, but if the dribbler thinks there's even the slightest possibility of him scoring/getting fouled, they won't pass. I swear to you all, this game is much more fun when you play basketball the way it's supposed to be played. That means passing to the open man, getting it to a guard after a rebound, kicking out offensive rebounds (when heavily covered) to wide open shooters, rotating on defense, etc. etc. It's truly amazing how many people play 2k but have absolutely zero knowledge of basketball.

    submitted by /u/WV_Is_Its_Own_State
    [link] [comments]

    Pulled the chair on him, leads to a transition euro dunk

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:56 AM PST

    2k21 next gen has the most braindead AI I have ever seen in a 2k game

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:38 PM PST

    it's terrible, I don't know how Czar can go into the streams and talk about the "improvements" on AI with a straight face, players like Lebron and Wiggins are still spamming up post-up plays against taller players and shooting terrible fadeaway jumpers, backup PGs are ballhogging the ball while stars like Durant or Jokic play spot-up shooters in the wing

    the CPU CAN'T execute or defend a pick&roll, it's straight up broken, they rotate early and help d on stupiddly known good shooters like Klay

    the AI offense is basically the PG dribbling into your defender until it slides it far enough under the basket to take a contested standing layup, it's just rage inducing, you can blow up the CPU by 80 points at any difficulty, it's terrible.

    it's almost impossible to have a fun game against the CPU, as online play is basically playing against cheese in an arcade type gameplay, I don't think there's anything left for people who want simulation basketball, it's pretty sad

    submitted by /u/Melodic-Hat
    [link] [comments]

    You get more rep with a rating under 95

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    I was playing the court conqueror event with my 98 rated player getting 0.6 rep per game (I'm a AS4). Then my friend told me he was getting 1-1.2% as a 84 rated so I made a new build and got it to 70 rating just so I was able to shoot and I started getting around 1% rep per game instead of the 0.6% I was getting before.

    I have no idea why 2k has done this and it's just weird as hell putting people at a disadvantage for having a maxed out build but oh well.

    submitted by /u/1Siimon
    [link] [comments]

    90 badge Center build

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Well this is interesting.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    The real reason why it's hard to force ball pick-ups on Next-Gen. Stats included

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:02 AM PST

    Badges don’t work in warehouse on new build.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:21 PM PST

    I made a new build and have been grinding badges in the warehouse. But I noticed the badges never pop up and also the animations don't trigger. For instance I have bullet passer on gold but in the warehouse all my passes are slow. I used my other maxed out build in the warehouse just to see if the badges pop up and they do. Not sure why they don't work on the new build.

    submitted by /u/unknownwontwo3
    [link] [comments]

    Even when your whole team quits you can still have fun and body the whole team��

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:13 PM PST

    Interior defense do I need it after patch

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:18 PM PST

    Do I need to put interior defense on my build after the update I've heard people saying on the subreddit that after the patch you do need interior defense but I just want to make sure

    submitted by /u/nathankirkwood
    [link] [comments]

    I think I quite possibly have made the worst sharpshooter build but what shooting badges should I get? (First build I’ve made btw)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:02 PM PST

    D Rose posterizes Shaq

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:00 PM PST

    I think I created the strongest Center build in 2k

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:32 AM PST

    My badge don’t work in park next gen.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:15 AM PST

    I made a new build. At first I thought it was glitching when badges did not pop up in the warehouse challenges but now my badges don't even work in park. The only time my badges pop up is in mycareer. WTF! This is my third build my other builds work fine all badges and animations activate. I've played over 600 park games on next gen ao I know when the badges should pop up. In this case they do not pop up at all.

    submitted by /u/unknownwontwo3
    [link] [comments]

    Position for beginiers

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:13 AM PST

    hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to recommend a versatile build for a winger (shoot / finish / def) and the same for a rear. I'm starting in 2K thank you

    submitted by /u/Unique-Bullfrog492
    [link] [comments]

    How to make shots in 2k21? I've been missing most of mine

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:03 AM PST

    Hey y'all I can't make any shots in 2k21. I have played many games and I can't make any three pointers or midrange shots unless they were green. Btw I use shot timing where I press square using the shoot meter. Please help and thank you.

    submitted by /u/SamuelG05
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having problems with badge progression?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:28 AM PST

    Hey guys, first time poster here so I don't really know if this is against the rules to ask but I feel like my badges may be glitched. After games, I have scored badge points but the progression ring towards the next badge doesn't seem to move at all (not like the zero point glitch, it shows I got points). Is this a feature of the next gen or a possible bug?

    submitted by /u/this_is_my_login
    [link] [comments]

    MyCareer Roster Question (next-gen)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:40 AM PST

    I got the game yesterday, created a player, and started going through MyCareer. I realized a couple of games into college that the initial update was still downloading and rosters had not yet been updated beyond what shipped with the game.

    Rookies missing are my main concern. Would I need to restart MyCareer to get the NBA roster update into the mode? I've done nothing but high school and college at this point. Thought I would check to see if anyone else has goofed like I did before I dump the save file. I have a feeling I'm out of luck.

    submitted by /u/BurntOrangePush-up
    [link] [comments]

    Please help, been stuck at 88% for over a day now I have no idea why, any advice ?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Do you guys still enjoy current gen

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:21 AM PST

    Is current gen 2k still good. I find the game very fun but every time I ask my friends they play two games at most then get mad because they got dropped off because who are clearly better than them beat them. I find it so annoying we used to have fun on hit now everyone hates it so much

    submitted by /u/gold9876
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment