• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    NBA 2K Joe does not like the G-League

    NBA 2K Joe does not like the G-League


    Joe does not like the G-League

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I shouldn't have even bothered, thanks 2k

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    For some reason, this scouting report makes perfect sense.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Then you get benched up 15 and then after the sim you lose by 6

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Those bastards lied to me

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on here

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    7’3 next to 5’7

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Legendary Sonics MyLeague!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Since i haven't done a proper MyLeague save since 2k18, let's make a tribute to it.

    Sonics are back in the League, year 2017 via Expansion.

    Mediocrity and poor basketball land us the 2nd and the 6th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. We pick Bagley with the 2nd pick, and trade the 6th one for Markelle Fultz, of the Philadelphia 76ers.

    We also hire HC Michael Stauffer (MyLeague junkies know that name) to lead us to glory, in the long haul.

    2 years of steady rise to quality ensue.

    The third year is special, with the team being competent, finishing as the 5 seed, and Bagley & Fultz dictating play and showing that the franchise really has a bright future!

    We get by the Wolves in the first round, with a gentelman's sweep, but the second round lands us the Warriors 4 headed monster.

    But Seattle has a never say die attitude, so we march into battle with confidence and swager but lose in the end, in 6 games. Warriors end up winning the Chip, which was their 4rd straight. (5 if you count the 2017 one)

    That summer was pivotal for the Franchise. Kevin Durant, who is beloved by the city of Seattle, said goodbye to the Warriors, and decided to come to the place he started playing pro Basketball, and where he would be a God, something he always wanted (and still does)

    So the starting 5 looks like this :

    Markelle

    Mitchell (i started the save early in the year, he had a 78 still, he was easy to trade for)

    Durant

    Bagley

    Noel

    That was a clear cut Championship team.

    KD was on a mission.

    We run through the league, win 66 games, and sweap the Sixers in the 2022 Finals!

    We do some tweaking to the team, and come back next season to repeat, which is exactly what we do, with KD winning FMVP again, vs PG13's Knicks this time while Bagley wins DPoY.

    2024 was weird.

    We had traded for the Warriors pick, in some random filler trade, and it converted into the #2 pick in the draft, because Steph had retired, and Klay was on the Knicks. So they sucked, and we lucked out.

    We draft Zaire Wade, DWade's son, and he ends up being the a beast at SG. Same draft with Bronny James who goes to Toronto (relevant later)

    We fall to the 3rd seed as we show a lack of will to compete in the regular season. We pick it up in the playoffs, run through the first round, but we now face the Rockets of an old-man Harden in the second round. Easy peasy, i say. Nay they said....

    They take Game 1 on a buzzer beater in Seattle. We DESTROY them in G2 with a 40 pt blowout. We beat them again in Houston, and we're riding high at this point....well.... Harden puts up a vintage performance and takes Game 4, it's 2-2 at this point.

    We get back to Seattle, and that was exciting. We take the game to OT with an incredible off balance shot by KD, but in the end we lose and it's 3-2. We then went to Houston and got our brains blown out, and suddenly the 3-peat was off!

    The only one who showed up was Zaire with 37 pts, and it was a prequel to his future, that performance.

    Next year, we needed someone to take over from KD who was getting up there in age, and we needed a new Alpha. Wade was that man. (P.S. We also traded Fultz for KAT because he wouldn't resign with us the next summer and i didn't need all this contract talk to disturb the locker room.)

    He won the scoring title averaging 32 pts, and we got the #1 seed back but Bronny stole the MVP from him, with his Toronto Raptors looking like this...

    Bronny James

    Anthony Edwards

    Giannis

    Random white guy

    Bol Bol

    They were scary. And it was meant to be so we meet them in the Finals.

    And that's exactly what happened, we got challenged a tad by Lonzo and Ingram's Lakers but that's about it, the Raps bulldozed through everyone, 12-0 in the first 3 rounds.

    So here we are. We had the better record, by 2 wins, so the first 2 games were in Seattle.

    They take Game 1 by 10

    We take Game 2 by 3

    They take Game 3 by 4 with Bronny being unplayable, just look at that = https://streamable.com/6ia2ny

    Game 4 was pivotal, and we managed to squeeze through and tie the series.

    Game 5 was KD's last gift to Basketball and the city of Seattle. 35 pts (ironically....you know, his number and all) 7 boards, at age 36, and a W.

    3-2.

    Game 6 was a blast, back and forth, we couldn't get a damn basket for 3 Quarters but we kept it close enough to be in the game, and then, Zaire went on a tear, scored out last 11 points, and we won by 5 in Toronto!

    And the Seattle Sonics were 3 time NBA champions!!!!

    Zaire won Finals MVP, and the rivalry with Toronto was on!!

    KD retired, and his #35 was the first number the new Sonics hang in their rafters!

    Unfortunately, this is where it ends.

    2k19 was due to come out, and i, foolishly, looking back at it, dropped 18.

    I haven't done a memorable MyLeague save, since, it's all hit and miss. I can't recapture the magic that save gave me.

    Thank you a bunch for reading, this was super special to me.

    There's a little gift, with some pictures i managed to dig up from the 2k18 PS4 folder, from that save!

    https://imgur.com/a/19KF52d

    submitted by /u/RealPunyParker
    [link] [comments]

    This was called as a personal foul.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    I guess I missed the memo

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Rigged ball drop

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Thank you: teammates who offer tips or adjustments in constructive fashion

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    This is the first 2K where I really played the online multiplayer modes. As you can imagine, I had many bad habits at the start. While I still would not call myself "good" at the game, I do consider myself receptive to feedback and willing to adjust/improve. And I don't think I'm alone in experiencing that improvement can be a communal effort.

    There have been some games where a teammate offered a good tip or in-game adjustment in a constructive fashion. ("Center, set more off-ball screens." Or "Center, hedge more when he goes around the screens.") They have helped a lot, and I am grateful. And I am especially grateful that, instead of being mean-spirited about what I was doing wrong, they kept their response constructive.

    As I don't think I'm the only one, can I give a big "thank you" to the teammates who do this? Y'all rock.

    submitted by /u/njmartybrodeur30
    [link] [comments]

    It is unacceptable to me that there is still so much lag when trying to shoot jumpers in park or in rec . It’s almost like playing with two different players if you compare your jumper to when you’re in my career .

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Even in the 3pt contest for example there is horrid input delay/lag in a game where TIMING is such a huge deal how is this acceptable at all . How am I suppose to develop anything consistent when the game itself isn't consistent at all. If I'm greening in park I'm not greening in my career and vice versa . It's almost like playing with two different players the disparity is so huge . If this was ten years ago it would be acceptable but here we are with 2k20 and we all still deal with the same bullshit. Sorry for the rant but I can't be the only one who feels like this .

    submitted by /u/kwheels24
    [link] [comments]

    HoopMixtape for my 6'10" Interior Force Center

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Kobe mode for 2k21

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    This is just an idea that I had that I thought sounded kind of cool and wanted to share with the 2k community. I thought it would be cool to have something called "Kobe Mode" or "Legends mode" as some kind of a tribute to Kobe and maybe other legends as well. I imagine it as somewhat of a MyCarreer mode. You follow the player from high school/college and throughout important games/moments in their career (getting drafted, traded, winning championships, etc.) you go through their entire career until they retire. I know that it's late in production for 2k21 and this won't happen for several reasons but I just wanted to share and see if others would like something similar to this.

    submitted by /u/24MambaKobe
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first quadruple double in the rec today, still only played like a 99.6 according to 2k though

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    when you lose a 3 point contest because 2k can’t do math. SMH bruh, he got 30!!!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    2k20 is a broken game and I have receipts: Storytime

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    Let me set the scene: 2022 NBA Finals. Minnesota vs Philadelphia. My user-controlled Wolves have a 3-2 series lead going into game 6.

    Tied 106-106, Tobias Harris hits a layup with 0.5 seconds left to give the Sixers the lead. Timeout Minnesota.

    After the timeout, I get a good screen and have Deangelo Russell wide open at the top of the key. Get the inbound, instantly shoot a prayer.

    It goes in. I lose my mind. I've just had the coolest experience in my decade-plus of playing sports video games. A walk-off buzzer-beater three against the odds to win the NBA finals.

    Oh wait. The refs decided to review the shot. For some reason, the game doesn't show the replay on its own like it normally does and just instantly skips to the call. No good. Game over.

    I was angry, but not overly so. After all, it was a lot to ask to get the shot off in such little time. But, I was skeptical because the game did not show the replay, so I double-checked. If the game called it no good after a review then it should be clear, right?

    Of course not.

    https://imgur.com/a/MwIVmHw

    https://imgur.com/a/51wCP4J

    The previous screenshots were taken at the exact same instant, from different angles. In the first, you can clearly see there are 0.1 seconds remaining in the game. In the second, you can see the ball has clearly left Russell's hand. (sorry for the low-quality screenshots; my current computer broke and my old laptop is a piece of garbage by modern standards)

    Now, I lose my shit, and it takes all of my willpower not to smash anything within my reach, including my own hand, against my desk repeatedly.

    2k absolutely fucked me. The greatest moment in my time playing sports video games wiped away completely incorrectly. I'm going to be mad for a long time.

    submitted by /u/wbaker18
    [link] [comments]

    Got a lil too excited...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    Pogo stick is a underrated gem

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    How are some players able to shoot and make it without setting their feet?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    This isn't about the quick draw badge - I have it on hall of fame. But there are players who are able to zig zag and don't even set their feet and are able to green shots everywhere. But if I do this (18 shooting badges / about a 90 3 point rating), I literally airball or hit backboard despite getting 'good' timings. I have to wait a second for my feet to be set.

    What's the secret to doing this? I don't get it.

    submitted by /u/Clutch_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment