• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    NBA 2K MyTEAM General Discussion & Advice - May 10, 2020

    NBA 2K MyTEAM General Discussion & Advice - May 10, 2020


    MyTEAM General Discussion & Advice - May 10, 2020

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Welcome!

    This is a daily thread for MyTEAM with hundreds, if not thousands, of comments every day and is the best place to ask questions pertaining to your cards or lineup. In addition, this thread is used for general discussion, price checks, and pull showoffs.

    How do I ask for lineup suggestions?

    Display your lineup using a site like 2KMTC or take an in-game screenshot and upload it to Imgur.

    Along with the link to your lineup, include your platform (ex. XB1 or PS4), MT available to spend, and questions you have. The more information you include, the easier it is for others to help you.

    Wiki:

    Useful Sites:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Enter our r/NBA2K 2K21 Cover Design Contest!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I'm pleased to announce our r/NBA2K 2K21 Cover Design Contest!

    This contest is for anyone in our community to show off your design skills and show us what your favorite players would look like on the cover of NBA 2K21. Check out last year's submissions if you want some inspiration!

    Entry Details

    • Entry deadline is 11:59 PM PST on May 25, 2020.
    • One submission per user.
    • You must verify you are the original creator of your submission. Post a picture showing your workspace and your Reddit username written on a physical piece of paper.
    • Enter by commenting your submission (with your verification) below. Any public and high-quality image hosting site is allowed.
    • The judging panel will be the mod teams of our r/NBA2K communities.

    Cover Guidelines

    • Submissions may have any basketball-related person on them.
    • Submissions only need a front cover. Additional art (ex. back cover, promo art) is permitted but the front cover will be the main piece judged.
    • Submissions only need to represent one platform (Xbox/PlayStation/Nintendo/Stadia/PC). Multiple versions for multiple platforms is permitted.
    • Submissions may not contain anything inappropriate, vulgar, or illegal.
    • Submissions should be printer-friendly.
    • Submissions may be watermarked with a Reddit username only. No promotional handles.

    Prize

    Winners will receive Reddit Premium and one-time permission to promote relevant design work on r/NBA2K.

    Something new we are trying this year is the possibility of featuring the grand prize cover in our subreddit's design. This will require designing a desktop banner, mobile banner, and Snoo. This is contingent on the grand prize winner's willingness to work with us to meet our requirements and standards. More details will be given after the winner is selected.

    Helpful Links

    submitted by /u/MrPeterson15
    [link] [comments]

    This is too accurate��

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Great story DA, Thank you!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Who’s got Che?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    NBA2K21 Immortal Editon Cover feat. Kobe Bryant

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Ladies and Gentleman, Please take your seats...It's Showtime.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    90 percent of park players don’t want to play.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Standing around checking cards and looking at rank.
    They are scared of losing. Running away all the time.

    This is a big drawback with the walk on system. We need a tent with matchmaking or something so the pace of play can speed up.

    submitted by /u/Absoluteintegrity
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest hand in the west

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    My Career Dream List

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    All I want to do is play My Career offline. And here is my Dream Game.

    I want the whole Draft experience. I don't want to have too much control over where I'm drafted apart from perhaps workouts and Scout Interviews. That way you could (if you wanted to), figure out a route to your favorite team. Instead of just choosing them.

    I don't want limits on my players attributes. I don't want to play online. I don't care about your builds. I want to be a 6"5 beast PG that is faster than Muhammad Ali's offspring with a cheetah. Or I want to be a three point shooting big man that has a 99 block rating.

    I want to be able to simulate post season matches. Or better yet, Simcast them!

    I want to be able to buy designer cars, style out apartments, depending on which city I play for. If I get traded or sign for a new team, I want to have to sell my place and buy a new one!

    I want to face choices about who I advertise, which direction I want my career to go in.

    Once I become a star player or at least a player the team WANTS to hang on to, I want my GM to come to me before approving any trade. Also I want to be able to tell my GM to get rid of a player I don't like. A me or him option. And sometimes it would be fun if they chose him.

    I want to be able to woo other players to join my franchise now that that seems to be common place in today's NBA. Have a system like the team chemistry of today's game but when communicating with other players. Tampering be damned.

    I want to be able to sign contracts that show how much fictional money I'm worth! Not 1,100 VC.

    Basically I want some sort of hybrid of My Career and My GM. If NBA2K can't manage it, I don't know why EA doesn't try something different to get themselves back in the game.

    Unfortunately I realize this is all a pipe dream as the current gaming business model won't allow for anything other than what is happening to the game today. Virtual Currency is here to stay.

    Edit: Of course I've played My League and it's not personalized enough for a career mode. It's too detailed in GM level commitments. I don't want total control over my surroundings, I just want the illusion of control like in real life.

    submitted by /u/kimchiwi1
    [link] [comments]

    Need to work on my layup.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Troydan's Locker Code - FANFAV2-TROYDAN-TWITCH-NBA2K-D721

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    Troydans code, this the most luck I've had in a long time

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Y does 2k not bring back these dreads from 2k16 and 17, I mean these r lowki tight!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    My boyfriend is obsessed with 2k, are there any good 2k related gifts I could get him? I’m already planning on preordering the next game for him.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Basically the title, I hope this is allowed in the sub! I just want to get him he'd enjoy and 2k is definitely one of his favorite things and has been for ages. He works super hard and I want to show him I don't get upset over his gaming and enjoy him enjoying himself and decompressing.

    submitted by /u/rpthrow1989199990
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts from a 2k veteran, but 2k20 rookie

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    So, let me start out by saying that I've mostly played MyCareer.

    I've been playing 2k for a lot of years. Since the edition where you could play MyCareer with Jordan. That was very awesome by the way. Imagine if you could do it with a selected amount of players. Maybe some legends and some current ones.

    But I took a break. When I made a white guy in the year of "freakin' and vibin'" and I had a black twin sister. That was too much. I quit and didn't play.

    So this year the game was on sale for like 2 dollars and I bought it. These past few weeks I've been playing it a lot and I felt like sharing my thoughts.

    • Dribling off of people's legs and feet is apparantly still a thing 5 years later.
    • MyCareer post game interviews are awesome. But now that I reached the playoffs there are none - what the fuck?
    • Cut scenes to gameplay seems balanced. Not like EA's attempt in Madden with 2 hours of cut scenes and 5 minutes of gameplay.
    • I love the feature that makes me able to tinker with the minutes of me and my teammates - but why the fuck does it reset randomly? All of the sudden I'm playing 40 minutes again (no way with my 90 stamina) and I have to play extended minutes with Okogie, Shabazz Napier, Noah Vonleh and Dieng. Just give me 1 other player able to shoot the ball (or someone who will since Dieng can, but refuses).
    • Great addition to be able to sub out for the rest of the game. I always hated playing garbage time up 30. But where's the logic? Up 25 in the 3rd I had the option one game. Next game I couldn't sub out with VC up 18 with 2½ minutes left. Both teams had their garbage time players in. Come on man.
    • What's up with full court pres and double team logic? I'm a slashing playmaker and I feel like my opponents are Scottie Pippen and MJ playing against Toni Kukoc at the Olympics. That just makes me drop a ton of assists. So it's obviously not working. I'm not even a great 3 point shooter (80 rating or so) and I've only made 146 in the regular season. No logic in picking me up at halfcourt like I'm Steph Curry.
    • Speaking of Steph Curry - some players are incredibly easy to guard. Steph plays like...Steph. Which is a great accomplishment by 2k. The problem is that the way he plays makes him terrible in the game. In a 5 game series he went 59-144 from the field. Not because I played lockdown D on him. He just did it to himself with dribling around forcing up shots from everywhere on the court.
    • It seems like the more the real NBA has gone towards the 3 point shot, the less effective it is in 2k. Maybe I'm not good enough at the game, but now it seems like the only 3 point shot worth attempting is if someone draws a double team and you can kick it out. Not even calling a play like "floppy" where you can have two shooters trying to get off screens on each side and the one with the most space get the shot. Because when you pass it to them, they have to use almost a full second to set their feet before they can pull up with out getting a "moving penalty" and brick the shot. Before they get their feet set the defender will have caught up to them.
    • Let me make a player with out the archtype restrictions. Man if I want to make the 2nd coming of Magic or LeBron, I can't. They players simply cant get that good and let's talk about the badges? I can get a total of 54 badges if I go for bronze on all of them. Let me make a player with out these hard caps. John Wall has a total of 79 badges if bronze is 1, silver 2 and so on. He is a star. Not a superstar. I can't even get close to him. Irving has 44 just in shooting. If it means that I can't go to the park and play - I'm good with that. Or just make a soft cap that says "In the Park you'll be within these limits". Something like that. Just let me play my own player with the freedom I want.

    TL;DR

    I like the game a lot, but some wierd ass stuff is still going on.

    submitted by /u/Enged
    [link] [comments]

    The Goat and Larry got scared and went for a nice jog

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    This is one of the best blocks I’ve pulled off so far

    Posted: 09 May 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    When you need one more board for your triple double ... Nope!

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    99 Well-rounded wing SF. Thoughts?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Damn you, Beluba. :(

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Kobe Hot Zones vs Giannis in NBA2k20

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I always got these two guys mixed up.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Some nightly shenanigans...

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Finally finished, I know it isn’t an ideal build, but it was before I started googling good builds.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    WNBA MyCareer?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    We all know that women's sports are inferior to men. It's just a fact. However, would the inclusion of female MyCareer characters ruin the game?

    How would we include them in the park? Should they be able to be as big as the me can be? Same athleticism? Or is this just an overall bad idea?

    submitted by /u/anklesatrisk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment