• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    NBA 2K 2K21 First Look: 2K Servers (00)

    NBA 2K 2K21 First Look: 2K Servers (00)


    2K21 First Look: 2K Servers (00)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    When u need another pg but ur tired of runnin wit randoms

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    I’ve only been playing the 1v1 court lately for a reason

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Russell just enjoying ring ceremony

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    What The Hell Happened to 2K?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    I, like many of you, am in my mid 20's and have been playing 2K for years. I have had every 2K since 2K9, and its always my most played game. The disappointment I have in 2K for these past few years, exacerbated by this heap of garbage called 2K21... I don't have the words. I feel let down, betrayed, and taken advantage of. Off the rip, I've found it to be impossible to give 2K my own feedback outside of tweeting at them. From what I can tell, there is nothing that lets me reach out to 2K privately and just give them feedback on a game I've been playing for 12 years.

    The amount of money I have spent on 2K in my lifetime, is probably somewhere around $1,500-$2,000. The fact I have to pay $100 for the kobe edition, just to then spend another $50 (actually $100) on VC (they 'accidentally' doubled charged me when I bought VC this year and couldn't refund me because the VC had already been used when it had not been), just to be competitive in a game mode is insanity. Add onto the fact that the game just sucks now. Oh, and now I have to sit through advertisements? C'mon 2K.....

    Park is a race to find the bug that gives your dude an advantage, not to actually understand basketball from an IQ perspective or anything of the sorts. Outside of a ball being shot into a hoop, this isn't basketball and it isn't fun... at all.

    Outside of real life friends, about 90% of my xbox friends I met on a previous 2K's. The amount of times I've gone online in the past month or so to 25-35 friends online and seeing only 2 of them playing 2K is staggering.

    One thing I used to love about 2K was how they weren't like madden. It wasn't the exact same thing every year with roster updates and excuse to re-buy your ultimate team, I would actually brag to my friends how 2K would never follow in EA's shoe's and completely ruin a game, but look at where we are now.

    I can say for certainty, 2K21 is my last purchase of this franchise. It truly saddens me to see how much 2K doesn't care about the people who grew up playing this, who got better and understood basketball better every year because I actually had to grind to get better. 12 years I've been playing and I have to come on reddit to voice my frustration because 2K doesn't care what I have to say. You can't even DM them on twitter!

    My absolute final straw though was when I found out 2K isn't transferring anything over to the next generation of consoles. The fact they are making everyone start over from scratch, re-buying VC, because they released 2K21 in the middle of the 2020 playoffs, is a clear as day indication that the true life long fans are no longer their main concern, and truly haven't been for some time. I hope someone from microsoft see's this... 2K deliberately not transferring data to the next generation is the sole reason I am not buying a series X, at least not for a few years now.

    Sorry for the rambling, these are just thoughts I've had building up for a while now and apparently reddit is the only place to voice your displeasure with 2K. I don't care about Ronnie 2K, I don't go on youtube and watch streamers, I don't watch hours of someone else doing dribble moves to learn the cheesiest moves. I just play the game. Well, played. For the record, last year I had a 68% W/L in park with 2,400 games. This year I'm at like 75% W/L in park. I'm easily winning more than I lose and still think this game sucks. I have noooo clue how some dudes still play with 1,200 games played already and a 12.6% W/L

    submitted by /u/HoodiexFergz
    [link] [comments]

    Look at how broken the contest system is in the game. I hope this isn’t a problem in next gen.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Watching a shakedown video when I realized that steady shooter is now a play making badge on next gen

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    2K21 First Look: Rui Hachimura (79)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Maybe I'm being petty, but does anyone else make it a point to let toxic people know when you come back to win a game after they quit halfway through?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I had a few minutes on my lunch so i hopped on 3s with a couple of randoms to get one game in. First few minutes, he's whining about not getting any screens because "he doesn't have the badges to Iso". I'm setting him screens, he just keeps running the wrong way.

    Anyway, i haven't said a word so far, and he starts complaining about this is why he hates playing with randoms, these guys are so dumb, etc. I finally told him, "dude, I'm setting you some screens, but I'm not a prop for your amusement. If you're not open, pass the ball to someone who is!"

    Well, he chose to quit instead. And when we came back to win 25-21 (with his AI hitting the game winning 3), i made sure to send him the screen shot and thanked him for leaving the game.

    submitted by /u/crash218579
    [link] [comments]

    My Proposal to Fix the 2K Community

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Anyone who is a regular 2K player knows how toxic this community can be. They come in all forms; from ball hogs that want to pound the air out of the ball for 24 seconds, to nuts that rather pull from Curry range instead of hitting a wide open teammate, to the timeout spammers that throw fits if they can't shoot the ball on every possession. We've all experienced them and most of us can agree that they ruin what is supposed to be a beautiful TEAM game. For the purpose of this post I'm going to focus on The Rec (though these features can be adjusted to suit the Park as well).

    Here I have laid out 3 simple mechanics that would transform the way that 2K players interact with each other and reward healthy team gameplay:

    1. An Endorsement System (borrowed from Overwatch)
    2. Bad Sports Lobbies (borrowed from GTA Online)
    3. Quick Chats (borrowed from Rocket League)

    Endorsement System

    This would be the biggest adjustment. If you've never played Overwatch this is a video showing how it works. The way this system could work in 2K would be as follows: After every game each player would have 3 endorsements, these endorsements could be things like On Court Leader, Great Screen Setter, Great Passer, etc. Every player on the winning team would then vote for their pick of Player of the Game. If you have a particularly selfish teammate you can chose to give them a negative endorsement. All of these endorsements would add up after the game, alongside your 2K generated teammate grade, to give you an Endorsement Score. This score would either increase or decrease your Endorsement Level (similarly to the 95-99 system). Ideally the game would reward you for having a high Endorsement Score with unlock-able cosmetics. However, if your Endorsement Score falls below a certain threshold you would temporarily be designated as a Bad Sport.

    Bad Sport Lobbies

    Once you are designated as a Bad Sport you will only be able to play The Rec with other Bad Sports (similarly to GTA Online). There will be 2 ways to get out of a Bad Sports Lobby. One would be to earn in-game endorsements and work your Endorsement Score out of the negative zone. The other way would be to serve out a 12 hour "sentence." The 12 hour sentence will become longer and longer for re-aggravators. This mechanic would force the most toxic members of the community to play with each other and alleviate such a burden from the rest of the community.

    Quick Chats

    This last mechanic is quite simple but would go a long way in fostering positive dialogue between 2K players. The mechanic I am referring to is Quick Chats from Rocket League. You could map these on to the touchpad on the PS5 controller. Swipe up to say "Good Pass" or swipe down to say "I'm open." You could swipe left of right to say "Nice Shot!" or "Thanks for the help!" You get the gist. Obviously if you don't like the quick chat you can just disable it in your settings and not have to see it in your HUD.

    These are all mechanics that have already found success in popular games that have fostered more healthy and enjoyable gaming experiences for everyone involved. If 2K were to implement them we would undoubtedly see more rewarding team play and less of the toxicity that plagues this community. Let me know what you guys think of the mechanics or how they can be improved.

    submitted by /u/BuffaLu
    [link] [comments]

    Are people making dummy accounts and throwing games?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    I'm at my wits end with this game.

    In the neighborhood I could tell people made fake accounts and threw the game on 3 on 3.

    I figured I would go to the Rec since it's "seemingly" random so that couldn't happen.

    That being said I've played multiple games where there's one guy that hogs the ball and misses as far as possible or gets backcourt violations.

    I actually beat one of them by smashing X to get the ai to shoot and the rest were that bad- but it's as intentional as possible.

    submitted by /u/Obizues
    [link] [comments]

    I made a custom steam background with LeBron in the style of 2k21’s cover

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Finished my most recent MyLeague playthrough. I went back in to 2007 to build a dynasty with OKC

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    It's Classic...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Nbanextgenquestion

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    do PS4 players get next gen or not

    submitted by /u/youngnlipzratty66
    [link] [comments]

    Yeah makes sense, not like im in his face or anything...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    How to show up for an event

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Fix your servers

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    I'm so sick of wasting money on this bs. I pay to play a game that has constant lag and constantly kicks me out of games. You talk about how everyone in the 2k community loves your game yet you can't even make it bearable to play online. Its a joke. For how much you gouge people with micro transactions just to be competitive and then add advertising into the game. It's clear you dont care about the people that play the game and just the money that comes from it.

    Sincery, from all the people that wish you'd do your job, fuck you!

    submitted by /u/moejeremiah
    [link] [comments]

    Foul out in Triple Threat Online?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Is it possible to foul out in Triple Threat Online in 2K21? I just got fouled 6 times by Robert Horry. 6 should be a foul out. Can you even foul out in Triple Threat Online? If so what is the limit?

    submitted by /u/MathewMurdock
    [link] [comments]

    Curry behind the back.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    What should I equip in my dribbling animations to enable me to do the curry behind the back?

    submitted by /u/aljonatics
    [link] [comments]

    I need help deciding which badge layout to choose for this build. 6’8 PF blue/red for park & rec. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Any news on the following? (NEXT GEN)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Been seeing mixed results on here, was wondering if someone could clear these up:

    1.) Will +1 to every attribute after 95OVR returning?

    2.) Training at the gatorade facility be returning?

    3.) Gatorade snacks returning?

    4.) Skill boosts for a +4 returning?

    submitted by /u/Skjoldsson11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment